September 01, 2007

Melon Festival

Thank goodness for the Melon Festival!! Dave and I eat until we're ready to puke and the kids ride rides until they're ready to puke! It's a great day for everyone!:) We got to take Kyle (Dave's nephew) with us. Sierra always gets very excited when she gets to take a cousin with her because then she has a riding buddy. But she got a double dose of excitement today. Kyle's older sister, Christin, was at the festival with some friends and she joined us for some rides too. Sienna even got to ride a few rides. Levi got to watch the fun from his stroller. :( Poor little guy but he'll get to have his day soon enough. Levi did get to eat lots of yummy food though. He loved Daddy's taco from Jim's. And he was very happy with the watermelon ice cream. Overall, we had a really nice day. It's always nice anytime we all get to be together and just enjoy each other!






Sienna's in that first picture if you look close. She's in the middle. Kyle is on the end of the last row in the second picture.




7 comments:

Unknown said...

Everyone looks like they we're having a nice time. I miss the days when my kids rode on the merry go round. Ya know it says a lot about your family when your niece chooses spending time with you over her friends. It has to make you feel good.

Wendy said...

It does. But make no mistake - she went back to those friends. :)

Unknown said...

Does Levi ever give you problems on these family outtings? He always looks happy even content to be hanging out in his stroller taking in the view. To be honest it somewhat surprises me a little.

Wendy said...

Now that you mention that, it is a little strange for Levi. But yes, he is content to hang out in his stroller and watch the activities. It's probably because he's usually eating. Him and Daddy eat very well at the festivals. His tummy was so pudged out! He's probably too full to get out of the stroller! lol

Danielle said...

We were there too. We participated in...and lost...the beautiful baby contest. :( I just don't get it...I think she was the most beautiful baby there. And it was confirmed by all of my closest relatives! I just don't get it....

Wendy said...

I entered Sierra in a baby contest once. We lost and I've never done it again. Levi's therapist tried to convince me to put him in the baby contest (she won the melon fest when she was a baby, go figure). I know that I have the most beautiful babies in the world. I don't need anyone else to tell me - even though everyone does. There's something wrong with all those contests in my opinion. Don't waste any time thinking about it Danielle. Isabelle is the most beautiful little princess. They don't know what they're talking about!

Emily Jade said...

I miss this stuff the most...

Hints that I use in dealing with my kids...

1. Sometimes you just gotta let the small stuff go.
2. Pick your battles. This becomes ever so important the older they get.
3. Never be afraid to embarass your kids. We're parents. That's what we do.
4. Somedays it's OK to feel like you want to change your name to something other than " Mooooooooooom" OK, I fabled. It can be everyday...
5. Pick your kids battles. They have to learn how to handle themselves. The more you rush in, the more dependant they will be.

If you ever feel up to a "vacation" - please pop in up here! I have live in babysitters that will spoil the doody out of your kids, shopping galore and am a train ride from the Chi and all it has to offer. Warning - my house is more like an adventure, not a vacation :O)