September 21, 2007

Thank You God

So different are my 2 girls, yet so alike. They are both the essence of princess. Sierra is a go with the flow kind of girl. But don't cross her. She will always stand up for what she thinks to be right. And if you're her friend, she'll defend you all the way to the principal's office. She knows that Mom has her back and she draws a strength from that. I've always told her that if she knows what she is doing right then don't be afraid. Be prepared to take your consequence and call me. We'll take your consequence together and then go shopping! I'm not saying that she's never scared but she's strong enough to walk straight through her fear. And that makes me soooo proud of her!

Sienna is a different story. Just because Mom said something doesn't make it so. She has to discover it for herself before she'll accept it. That worries me for Sienna. I have always been like that too so I know how troublesome that personality trait can be. But Sienna has a HUGE heart. When she loves, she does so with every ounce of her being plus some - but she dislikes just as much. She is very intense no matter what the feeling or action. She is not a go with the flow kind of girl. It's her way or no way. Sienna is a fish swimming upstream - always against the current.

And then there's Levi. I'm still trying to figure him out. Completely his own person. He's just a big ball of happiness! He is by far my most loving and affectionate baby. He will seek you out just to lay his head on your leg or give you a big squeeze. He is also the most challenging of my toddlers. He needs instruction. The girls figured out all their stuff (crawling, standing, etc) on their own. Levi not so much. Once you show him the right way to go down the step or get off his bike he's got it, but usually you have to show him first.

They're all so totally different yet I love them each exactly the same way - with every part of my soul. I would be so lost without any one of them. They are my life. And each of them has completely changed my life in their own unique way. I am so thankful for each of my children. They are truly the best thing I have done in my life. I couldn't imagine a better way to spend my life than being Sierra's Mom, and Sienna's Mom, and Levi's Mom.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your daughters are sooo different...
and you are right....Sienna has your personality, through and through....God gives you one like that just so you can understand them so much....and Levi....how is he? I heard you had a trip to the ER today?
Call me....I tried calling you but Shell said you were at Sues...Love ya...mom

Unknown said...

That is the calmest I've ever seen Levi. He is just sitting there on the grass. How interesting. I am somewhat surprised that the kids don't have shoes on-very unlike them. I like the video too.

Unknown said...

Yeah!!! I fixed my screen to see the print. I am delighted.

Emily Jade said...

It is funny how alike, yet how different they can all be. It's more fun to watch that personality evolve and grow as they grow. Catch them in proud moments and lavishly praise...you can never go wrong...