September 22, 2007

Rock-n-Rider Cheer Clinic '07

Today was the Western Reserve Mini Cheer Clinic for the football season. They do 2 of these clinics every year, one for football and another for basketball. Sierra has done each clinic since she started kindergarten but this is Sienna's first year getting to participate. They do 3 practices during the week and then they cheer at the JV game. The cost of the the clinic is $35 per girl. NO DISCOUNTS for multiple children from the same family. Sienna did not want to stay at cheerleading practice. There was one day that she did not stay. We both left crying that afternoon. We managed to make it through the practices but I was a little hesitant as to whether Sienna would actually take the field today or not. She did not want her shirt, tattoo or hair, but I told her that she was getting them anyway. She took the field like a champ. Once she saw Brandon and Aunt Shell she even started to participate in the cheers!

Sierra always participates in the cheers. She absolutely loves the cheer clinics and she always does an awesome job!! She is turning into quite the cheerleader! Sierra can still tell you cheers that she learned in kindergarten.

This is the first one of Sierra's programs (of any sort) that I have actually made it through without sobbing! It's so hard to explain. When I watch her do these things I
can see her as her own individual being. Someone so special and unique. I feel so proud of her. The feeling of love and pride is so intense in that moment that it almost becomes a physical ache in my chest. It can be very overwhelming. Today I was so caught up in trying to make sure I had the same amount of pictures and videos of both girls, it was a nice distraction from my out of control emotions.

They both did an absolute wonderful job today! I am so proud of them both!! I love you both so much girls! You make Mommy sooo proud of you!

















4 comments:

Unknown said...

I had a blast today watching the girls cheer. They both seemed to be having so much fun.I know it's hard on you at every Sierra event, I think that is because she is your oldest, and like I've said a hundred times it is hard watching your little girl grow up. You long for the day that they need you a little less....and when that day comes you just want them to hold your hand again and slow down on the growing up.

Anonymous said...

It was a great day....Levi actually let me walk him around and play with Madeline and I! Your girls are growing up but it's so beautiful to watch and be a part of (even if Sierra doesn't need me like she use to..)but I realize that's the growing process and I'm so proud she's so independent. As I sat there watching her do each cheer with such talent and pride..I had flashbacks of my own girls doing the same thing!Must be family tradition!

Danielle said...

soo cute! I remember those days!

Unknown said...

Talk about my spacing--there seems to be quite a bit of space there between Sierra's picture and the rest of the post.