October 03, 2007

The Sweetest Sound in the World

Is he not the cutest thing?! Is this not one of the best pictures ever taken of Levi?! His smile is good. His eyes are good. He doesn't have food smeared all over his face. He doesn't have snot running out of his nose. No big lumps or bruises that I can see. His shirt does have a couple of wet spots but that's from his own drool. I can't make him stop drooling. (If I'm wrong about that and there is a way to make a baby who runs close comparison to a Saint Bernard stop drooling please contact me IMMEDIATELY).

Anyway, I'm very proud of myself, not to toot my own horn or anything. I think the reason why I'm so proud is because of the craziness I had to go through to get it. I'd say it took me a good 20-30 minutes of letting Levi do absolutely anything he wanted and me continuously snapping pics. The problem is that Levi has impeccable timing. Just before the camera captures the shot Levi looks away- every single time. I started to anticipate this and would push the button when I thought he was getting ready to look my way. As you can imagine, that wasn't always successful. This turns out to be another life lesson ~ diligence and persistence does pay off, NEVER GIVE UP (no matter how trivial).



Now this picture was a totally different story. As you can see I've got ahold of Levi by the arm to balance him. But he is insisting on getting my camera. I'm just trying to keep him up and off me long enough to get the picture. Not exactly the result I was looking for.


Finally - the title of this post, The Sweetest Sound in the World. I've always said the sweetest sound in the world was children laughing (just like a million other people). Of course this is the most alarming sound as well as it is a good indicator of naughty deeds. It's a fine line really. Anyway, Sienna was driving her jeep this afternoon. Levi has seen her drive this thing a million times but today it was really funny to him. Sienna does alot of stop and go. Each time she would go Levi would let out with this belly chuckle. It was so cute I went inside to get the camera. I put him in the jeep with Sienna and he found this to be just hysterical. However, it required some multitasking from me. Let's just say, it's not my best filming work. I had Lola on the leash hanging from wrist, I'm filming, I'm trying to make sure Levi doesn't fall out of the jeep, and at one point I'm evening pulling and turning the jeep to line it up right (again while filming). All the while we're all just laughing. Poor Sierra got off the bus during all of this. She probably thought we were at little nuts at first.




As you can see things went terribly wrong there towards the end. I was hoping that when we took him out of the jeep he would still laugh at Sienna like he was earlier. Obviously he did not find it as funny when he was not in the jeep. He wanted back in the jeep. Obviously.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is too cute! That is the sweetest sound, a true pure hearted laughter. There is no way that you can watch the video and not get a huge smile on your face.

Emily Jade said...

That was TOO funny!!! I think that the video was "artfully" done :O)

Danielle said...

Levi is adorable...and I have to say that clip is FUNNY! I started playing it and Isabelle came running to see who was giggling like that. SOOO funny!

Anonymous said...

Thought....why did Michelle's "Chubby Girl" section get so many comments and this adorable picture of Levi (which I know was difficult to get) only got 3?