October 13, 2007

The Original Baby Girl

Sierra Rose, my first baby girl~ the original. My first baby girl is 8 yrs old and in the third grade. Where does all the time go?! I feel so honored and privileged to be a part of her life, to watch her grow into this entity of uniqueness and specialness. She is completely her own person. She just got her hair cut and it is short, super short. It's just at the bottom of her ears. As all of you know I prefer long hair. The first time we cut Sierra's hair my heart was broken. However, my heart was instantly mended by that sparkling ear to ear smile that could not be removed from Sierra's face. As hard as it is to let our children grow into their own person it is inevitable. So why not embrace it and help them be their best person?

Sierra had an eye exam this week (after failing her eye screening at school). She needs glasses. Her eyes aren't horrible yet but she won't have to strain to see if she gets the glasses. I let Sierra pick out her glasses, within set parameters. She liked the plastic frames because the nose piece was more comfortable. She went with a pink pair. I know~ PINK! But she absolutely loved them and said that they were the ones that she felt prettiest in. So they're the ones we went with. I'll post a picture when they come in.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sierra will always have a special spot in my heart, as so do all my grandchildren. Sierra came along at a time in my life when I needed encouraged. So tiny and adorable who could have ever thought she could bring someone so much strength? She could turn a bad day into good by just one little smile or one little giggle. Thank you, Sierra!

Unknown said...

Okay here we go again. I can't wait to see Sierra in her new pink glasses. I do not think I have the glasses pictured right in my mind.

Did Sierra approve of the picture currently in this post?

Anonymous said...

What a blessing these great grandchildren can bring...even with the ups and downs that come with them. I have to say my grandchildren and great grandchildren have kept me praying over the years. It is such an honor and blessing to be here to watch them all grow! I love them all!

Unknown said...

Sierra doesn't wear anything that she doesn't feel pretty in. When she wears an outfit she works that outfit. Her confidence comes through, and she knows she just looks that good. I have no doubt she picked out the perfect pair for her.