October 20, 2007

Deja Vu Anyone?

I'm sure that this picture is looking familiar to everyone by now! But here's my little mudjems at Burnham's Orchard this afternoon. We look forward to going every year. It's always a fun time. However, I was a little disappointed that they didn't have the pony rides until tomorrow. I really wanted to put Sienna on the ponies. Maybe next year I guess. (You know I'm fighting off the desire to take her over there tomorrow just to put her on the ponies. She didn't ask about riding ponies. This is all about me, not her. Get it together Wendy. ~ Sorry, every now and then we need to stop and check ourselves.)

Moving on~ We always have such a nice time and today was no different. We already got pumpkins when we went to that other [pitiful] harvest festival in Willard so we skipped the pumpkin patch. The girls went through the kids' maze. I was glad that Sierra went through with Sienna. It was pretty tall in comparison to Sienna. I couldn't see where she was at from the outside. She did fall down during the maze but Sierra was there to make her feel okay. And that makes me so proud. I am constantly talking to Sierra about being kind to Sienna. They fight alot and can be terribly mean to each other. But I noticed Sierra really being genuinely kind and caring for Sienna today. Not just at the orchard but home as well. Writing this now I am finding myself in one those of 'overcome with pride' moments in remembering her kind behavior. It renews my hope!!

Something new this year was a train ride for the kids. We even got to put Levi in with Sierra which was nice. Something that Levi can finally be part of too! Yeah!

The girls also went through this thing. I have no idea what to call it. It's a big long tunnel of sorts. I think there's a slide somewhere in there and some climbing stuff. I'm not really sure but all the kids love it and my girls are no exception. Poor Levi always gets left out of everything and is stuck in the stroller watching all the fun. I know he'll have his day soon enough but I can't help but feel bad for him.


No family outing would be complete without some face painting. Sierra picked a very cute black cat and Sienna picked a flower. She asked that the flower be black but the lady talked her into a yellow and black flower. Neither one of my girls have ever asked for anything black. So you can imagine my shock when Sienna asked for a black flower. I get Sierra with the black cat for Halloween but a black flower? It was pink on the picture. I'm still in shock.


Since Levi didn't do the face painting he got a balloon animal instead. I think it was a horse. Again, I'm not really sure but he loved it. He was so excited to get ahold of that thing. He patiently watched the man twist on that balloon as though he knew it was going to be great and it was going to his!




We had to do the wagon ride of course. Sierra spent the ride getting alot of good pictures of the scenery. Sienna stayed on Daddy's lap and held onto Levi's balloon while taking in everything with those big beautiful eyes. And Levi finally talked me into letting him down to stand at the hay bail. He diligently touched, poked, pulled and examined the hay. Then he noticed two older boys sitting in front of him and he spent the rest of the ride trying (and succeeding) to get their attention.

Overall, it was another nice day with the family. It's starting to be a tradition. I am already looking forward to next year.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Pooh I was not expecting this post. I'm glad you and your family had a lovely day. You captured some great pictures.

PS. There is a word left out half way down the post. I know you would want me to point this out to you.

Anonymous said...

Reread it...I think it's there...
Wendy, where is your facepainting?
That would have made it complete..
all the girls! And where was Lolo?
It looks like you had a great time making memories with your family.
That's what family is! I'm proud of you guys.

Unknown said...

last sentence next to the Levi balloon picture.

Emily Jade said...

Maybe you corrected the sentence before I got the chance to read it...man...your blog editors are TOUGH!!

Looks like you guys had a great family outting. I have no patience for that sort of thing :O(