October 06, 2007

Night Person Living in a Morning Person's World

I've NEVER been a morning person. My main reason for wanting to graduate was so that I wouldn't have to get up early anymore. I am absolutely hands down a night person. I am soooo tired everyday and I can't wait till I can go to bed. However, come about 8 or 9 pm I feel good, like a new day has just started. I have to force myself to get into bed at midnight (and I'm proud of myself if I make to bed by midnight). Everyone told me that after 'I had kids that would change, my body would adjust- especially when they get into school- the body has no choice but to conform.' Well, 8 yrs, 3 kids, 4 school yrs later and I'm still waiting for my body to accept getting up early. It's just not happening for me.



Levi got up at 6:30 this morning! Was he not aware that today is Saturday and we don't get up at 6:30 am on Saturdays?! He seemed q
uite pleased with himself for being the first one up this morning (as you can see by the picture). I, however, was not quite as pleased.










Sienna was
next, around 7:30. And much like her mother, she layed on the couch and did nothing except pet Bell for about 30 minutes. After that, she was off and running, literally. And we can't forget the morning pudding - a staple in Sienna's morning.




Then around 8:30 Sierra finally came down the steps (I never thought I would use finally and 8:30 am in the same sentence.) In true Mama form she went straight to the
couch. Sierra also needs a least a half an hour to wake up before she can think about doing anything. She would prefer an hour or two but at the half hour mark I force her to get up and move.



I can't say anything about them needing 'time to wake up' because I am worse than they are. I need some time in the morning to just sit and do nothing. Maybe watch some videos. I'm horrible. But I'm leaving out a new player in the morning game - Lola. She is actually the first one up. She starts crying and wanting out of her cage around 5:30!! That's just absurd!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Soooo you never oversleep then huh? I feel so bad for you. 5:30?? I'd let Lola know that time is not going to work for you.

Emily Jade said...

Wow...we should have been room mates!
Just so you know...even after working 1st shift for 7 years, having 6 kids and doggies - my family is TOTALLY suprised if they see me anytime before 11am.
I'm a hootie to the nth degree. Dark outside? No sleep for me :O) If I see a sunrise, it's usually from the back end - and I force myself to go to bed by 3am. Yes, this is even on school nights. I'm up about 15 minutes before the younger ones head out for the bus (at 8:15), I stay up long enough to watch them get on the bus from the window, then I return to bed until Elly wakes me up. Luckily - she's a hootie too!
I tell everyone - if you have an emergency at 2AM, I'm your girl. If you need something from me at 7 AM: you're screwed.

Unknown said...

What is the rest of us 'dawn catchers'? I will have to say 7:00am is the worst possible time to catch you little hooties. I've tried repeatedly. I just hope if there is ever a real emergency it doesn't happen between 7-9am, otherwise that cuts two people off my emergency help list.

Emily Jade said...

Maybe Chelle - but think of all the people you have to scratch your emergency help list for a 2AM call...SEE!! Wendy and I have much more important roll :O) Hooties unite!!