August 03, 2007

Summer Days

We've really had a great summer! Thank God for the rec this summer. It still amazes me what a difference it makes in our days around here. If we stay home for the day it's a wreck!! The kids fight all day, I fight with the kids, they drive me crazy, I drive them crazy - it's just miserable at times. Don't get me wrong- getting the kids ready, packing the cooler, gathering swimming necessities (towels, toys, sunscreen, etc), loading the van, unloading the van, getting everything inside and then doing it again to go home is a HUGE pain but definitely well worth it in the end! We're able to enjoy each other much more and that's always a blessing.

I really like this picture of all of us. But I just had to post the 'other' picture too. All I'm going to say is poor Maddie. Click the picture to enlarge.





These last few days have been sooooo hot!! Sierra's been at summer school all week but we've still been finding time to swim. As I was going through all of our summer pictures so far I noticed that I don't have as many of Sierra and Maddie. That's because they're always off swimming in deeper water! Or going down the slide. I think Sierra is wearing that slide out ever since she passed her swim test! Just about the only time we can get a picture of her is when she is headed back to the slide.






The rec has a mushroom (that's what we call it anyway) with water coming out of it so that it creates a waterfall. Sienna doesn't have anything to do with it. Until yesterday. She got very brave.




These pictures of Brandon show the waterfall better.



Here's a little video that Maddie made.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't get either video to load. What am I doing wrong? Yes, I rebooted. Other suggestions?

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure. They're both loading fine for me. The other thing I can think of would be to make sure your internet browser has all it's current upgrades. Oh- your java stuff too. I just had to upgrade my java plugins last week.

Anonymous said...

Mom I love you and I loved it Mom