August 28, 2007

Back to School

The first day of school is here! Sierra had butterflies in her tummy. She said that she had them since the night before. You remember that feeling, don't you? So excited yet nervous at the same time. I know I say it alot, but I mean it - I can't believe that it's possible that my daughter is in the third grade. It's so hard to let them grow up. It's not difficult for me to stand back and look at the situation and then be able to say 'She needs to do this Wendy. She's growing up. Let her'. But someone try telling that to my heart. Your heart never lets go. I am so proud of her that sometimes it's overwhelming. She had a great first day and Sienna and I were waiting for her in the driveway when she got home (I, of course, was hiding behind some shrubbery as to not cause embarrassment). Here's a little video of Sierra fresh off the bus after her first day of school.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute. I got the video this time just fine. I agree letting them grow up is one of the hardest things to do. How can you hold on tight, and give them wings to fly? I'm surprised her first response after getting off the bus wasn't I need a snack first. Both of my kids hit the kitchen before they even told me anything about their day. Maddie said it felt like her organs were eating themselves. Brandon said that early lunch made him even hungrier.

Emily Jade said...

You guys are cute...I guess I'm the nasty Mommy who danced after they got on the bus...

Danielle said...

How fun! Do the kids go to Berlin Elem? I am picturing it now in my head....

Wendy said...

No Em, you're not the only one. I just left that part out! lol

No Danielle, we're in the Western Reserve school district. It's kind of like Berlin though. Alot of the old teachers are there - like Coach Friend & Mr. Stoll.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't seem possible that my little Sierra is in third grade. She's growing up so fast!!! Don't blink, Wendy you may miss something!

Love...Mom