August 04, 2007

The Basket Festival

We all went to the Basket Festival today. It's nice when Dave is home. Very rarely do we all get to be together as a family. His mom went with us too so the kids were extra excited! Anyone who is familiar with the Basket Festival will agree that the Basket Festival is pretty much just for food. There are no rides or things like that. However, they did have rock climbing and some giant jumping thing. Sierra of course did both. We tried to get Sienna to jump but she was perfectly content to watch.

The Basket Festival is also good for seeing people that you haven't seen in years. Sue saw several people that she hadn't seen for awhile. Levi got to meet his cousin, Brittany (Steve & Kathy's daughter). Dave always sees familiar people. Even Sierra saw a teacher from school, who of course she had to go chat with. I was waiting for Sienna to spot a friend from the rec! And then it was my turn - Ben & Alarie Matthews. They were my Sunday School teachers once upon a time. I rarely see them. Every now and then I will bump into them somewhere and it's always so nice. These are timeless people - no matter how long it's been since you've seen them every time you think of them you feel love. On those days when you're convinced that everyone in the world is evil you bring yourself back to reality by thinking of them. Basically, seeing them again today made my heart feel good. Do you know anyone like that?

It was just a nice family day. So rarely do we all get to be together (while enjoying eachother's company). I hope all of you have had an opportunity to enjoy your family this week! And to all of the family and friends who are far away - We love you and you're missed!






Sierra doing the rock climb.

















This is the jumping thing that Sierra did. To see her in the second picture you have to look
at the top of the picture in the trees.











4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were able to make even the basket festival look like somewhere I would like to be. I agree the Matthews do bring a smile to my face-good people. Believe it or not they got me my first Bible with my name engraved on the cover.It meant the world to me as a kid. Good post Pooh, it gave me that warm and fuzzy feeling.

Anonymous said...

They asked about you. Every time I see them they ask about how you're doing. I see my video is not here this morning. I had a little trouble with this post obviously.

Danielle said...

Basket festival? Gosh, it's been a long time since I've been there. Great picture of Brittany, by the way! I took Conrad to the Melon festival a couple of years ago and he thought it was hilarious. Apparently, nothing like this happens in India.

I know my mom is looking forward to taking Isabelle to the Melon Fest this fall!

Danielle said...

By the way, you guys are invited to Isabelle's birthday this saturday 2pm at my parents. I never got your addy...so I didn't send an invite...but you are welcome! I got a big inflatable waterslide for the festivities...so bring bathing suits and towels!