November 17, 2007

Levi is such a busy boy!

Look at that face!! How cute is he?! It's hard to believe that that little angelic face could be a pure trouble maker. Really look at the picture. You can see that he is putting his Pop Tart in Lola's bed. In about 2 seconds Lola is going to get scolded for trying to snag that Pop Tart for herself. I've tried to explain to Levi that Lola is a dog and she will take food, especially if she thinks it's being offered to her. But he just doesn't seem to care. However, he will holler like a banshee when Lola takes his food.

This is the most awesome rocking chair ever made. Shell and I sat in this chair when we were little and all of our children have also used this chair. I'm fearful that Levi might be to much for the chair though. He loves this chair and just won't stay out of it. However, her rarely sits in it the proper way. I think he views chairs as something else to stand in. He feels the same way about the cart at Wal-Mart. And I'm positive that he knows that he is not allowed to stand in the chair. He a
lways looks right at us when he does this with this little smirk on his face. He's mischievous.

So Levi had a check up this week. I really don't like taking Levi to the doctor. He just doesn't enjoy it very much. He doesn't like the nurse or doctor to touch him in any way. He doesn't want them to look at his ears or his eyes. He doesn't want them to listen to his heart. He just doesn't want to bothered by them. He will tolerate the scale because he tries to pull the nob pieces off. You know, the top of the scale where the nurse does her thing, yeah, he tries to get that off. Who really knows if we're getting an accurate weight. The nurse actually asked me this time if 'that sounded right'. I said sure. How do I actually know? But Levi does not enjoy being measured. He will scream and kick the entire time. Why? I have no idea. Considering that our first three minutes through the door had played out exactly as I feared I was feeling pretty anxious about the rest of the visit still to come. However, once I took his clothes off we were good to go. I left his socks and shoes on him because I knew he wanted to walk around. He checked out every piece of that office, touching everything. Then he noticed a nice little cozy spot under the counter. He was just the right height for it and he hung out under that thing for quite a while just giggling the whole time. By the time the dr was ready to check him out he had made his way to standing on a step stool right next to me. This worked out perfectly. He stood there for the entire exam and never yelled once. He let Dr. Wendy do everything that she needed to do. I was sooo impressed by him! His health is doing really well right now. His weight is doing much better at 24 pounds bringing up to the 43 percentile for his weight. The height, we're still struggling with that at 29.5 inches and a mere 6 percentile for his height. I'm just happy that he is healthy. The heart murmur appears to be gone. Yeah! Overall, he is doing so good. Now, if we could just stop him from being so mischievous!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All children are miracles, but Levi had a harder battle than most. He is the gift that God wanted you to have.
He is precious although I refuse to let him come with the other four grandchildren to the sleepover. I've never admitted that I could not handle any of my grandchildren, but the combination of him and Brandon scare me....they are sooooo mischievously..maybe next year. Love Ya

Emily Jade said...

Being an active kid is healthy :O)

Don't sweat the going to the doctor thing - there ARE worse kids out there than yours. I promise you this. My current favorite...

Flu shots were in full swing during Jilly's last ADHD check- up. This kid in the next room must have just gotten stuck because he sent up a wail to wake the dead. Afer about 10 seconds of this, the kid screams out "OH MY GOD!!! You made me BLEED!!!!!". I hope that family couldn't hear me laughing!!

Unknown said...

I must admit that chair has seen a lot. That was the same rocking chair that I got stuck in with my lovely gum nylons.That gum took hours for mom to get off. That doesnt count how long it took her to get it off the rocking chair.

Unknown said...

Levi is so adorable...no wonder he get away with being mischievous, when you look that cute you can't do anything wrong...LOL