November 24, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone. What a nice day but sooo exhausting. Our Thanksgivings always start with the parades. I remember watching them as a kid and being so mesmerized by the huge balloons and now as an adult, I'm still mesmerized by the balloons! :) My family eats ALOT on Thanksgiving~ we had 3 dinners to attend. We start off our day of many meals at my sister's house. Shell always makes an awesome dinner that includes a turkey with a name. This year's turkey was named Shelia. I think this is actually the first year that Shell gave the turkey a female name. We were running a little late for dinner after a few mishaps but we finally arrived and I was STARVING! Things weren't quite ready and instead of jumping in to help I found my way to the table where a huge bowl of dinner biscuits was calling my name. I quickly grabbed one and tore in half for Sienna who was just as hungry as I was and we found a nice cozy spot under the table to hide and enjoy our stolen biscuit. But Mother found us and ran us off from under the table. I felt like I was 5 yrs old all over again! Dinner was wonderful and I stuffed myself until I couldn't move. It was a nice relaxed meal and I throughly enjoyed it.

Our next stop was Dave's mom's house. Again I found myself staring down a huge spread of food that I couldn't wait to devour. When we get together with Dave's family there's lots of kids to play together, 8 in total with ages ranging from 1 yr. to 14 yrs. They always have so much fun when they all get together. This year is quite a surprise to see all the doggies that got to come to Thanksgiving, 4 in total. Chris, Dave's brother, came in early and helped Sue, Dave's mom, cook dinner and the two of them really out did themselves. Everything, including the company, was excellent.

We stopped by Dave's dad's house on the way home. This time I was just not able to eat again sadly. I was sooo full still from Sue's I just couldn't imagine putting one more piece of food in my mouth. Everything smelled really good though and the company was still just splendid. Overall it was a wonderful day that has me already looking forward to next year.














5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thank God every day for each and every member of my wonderful family. We are in no way perfect but we love each other deeply and that's what it's all about! I AM blessed! We also thank God for our many friends who are also part of our family! Love to All....Mom

Emily Jade said...

Sounds like a busy day! I saw the sneaky dinner roll pic on Chelles blog - that's too funny!! Loved the pic of grumpy Levi, and did you notice that you have the only pic of Heather AND Casey? Hmmmmm...

Unknown said...

Yeah, but at least it's a good picture...we take our share of horrible ones. You sure did end up with a variety of pictures by the way, if you look on my blog I don't have any with Maddie or Bub in them, I wonder whose camera got used all afternoon.

Great post though, you and Sienna with the dinner roll was priceless.

Unknown said...

I'll tell you who's camera got used all afternoon, it was none other than Pooh's. I found myself a lot with her camera in my hand, I don't know how that happened. Off of 3 cameras there is only one pix of Bub....why? because he was playing his game so much. Pooh lovely post. I like the kids & dog pixs. How did all the dogs do together?

Emily Jade said...

Isn't that how it always works! If there are 4 cameras in a room, only one will be used to capture the event fully. I have gotten "left in the dust" too as far as this goes :O)