November 12, 2007

Grade Cards, Round 1

Grade card time also means conference time. I love conference time, good or bad. This was actually my first 'normal' conference for Sierra. She's been on IEP since kdg. for her speech. She has now mastered her speech sounds but they can still work with her on other things. Since the paper work I normally get at her conferences came home the same day as the grade card I assumed I was getting a normal conference this time. I was really looking forward to this conference because I wasn't really feeling Sierra's teacher so I was looking forward to a little one on one time with her. I had my defenses up and I was ready for her. However, I fell in love with this woman. The third grade year is a very transitional year for the kids. They go from having their hand held through almost every thing they do to being expected to do almost everything independently. I think she is a great teacher for this. I saw some of my own attitude reflected in this woman, how could I not love that?! Sierra is doing very well in school. Her teacher says that she expects alot from Sierra because she knows that Sierra can deliver it. She does expect A's from Sierra and she is getting them. How could I not love that?

I also had a conference with Sienna's teachers as well. She is doing great in preschool. She is making lots of friends and following the school routines and rules with precision. She scored very high for what they expect from the three year olds. However, her speech is an area of concern. Sometimes she can be hard to understand (not so much for me, but for others). This was not a surprise nor a huge alarm. I think she'll adjust fine with school intervention but if not, I know some great therapists over at the hospital who are already familiar with us!


Levi doesn't get a grade card or conference yet but he did graduate from physical therapy last week!! Yeah Levi!! His physical therapist says that she does not see any development issues with Levi. She was pretty much setting new goals for him every week and within 2 weeks he would master those skills. So, he is done with physical therapy for now. They will re-evaluate him in 3 months and go from there. He is still doing the occupational therapy, though. However, I really like him doing the OT. It helps to stimulate his brain and how could I not love that?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been waiting for five days for a post from you, and it was well worth it. I'm glad the kids are all doing very well with their education. Even little Levi had glowing reports, wonderful. Sienna is making friends, beautiful. Sierra is getting A's, impressive. And you like all of their teachers, miracle. Good job Sierra, Sienna, and Levi!!!

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful pictures! No panties on their heads or anything. Your children are growing in leaps and bounds, Wendy. Can you see it?
You're doing a great job, no matter how tired or crazy you may get!

Emily Jade said...

I'm dreading my teacher conferences next Monday. Talk about girding yourself!! Yikes!

Great news from all of your little ones! Way to go kids!

Loved the pictures :O)