April 27, 2008

BFF

Sienna had her first friend sleepover this weekend. This is her best friend, Jasmine, from her preschool. Of course, all of her friends are a best friend. The girls were so cute together. Sienna waited all day for Jasmine to come. I tried to explain to Sienna that Jasmine wouldn't be coming over until 4 or 5 but the concept was lost on her. I tried every way I could think to help her grasp the idea that it would be a while before Jasmine arrived. After a while I finally accepted that Sienna wasn't going to get this concept today and started waiting with her. So, when I found her parked infront of the window at 10:30 am looking for Jasmine's car, I plopped down next to her to look out for Jasmine's car.

Oh the joy when Jasmine finally arrived! These two girls ran around the house like wild horses for a minute. The excitement was really too much for their little bodies to handle, I think. Then they were off to Sienna's room in the blink of an eye. Within all of about 10 seconds they had touched every item in Sienna's room (Jasmine discovering and Sienna showing) and had even both been on the top bunk and back down again. It was pretty amazing, really. They both had so much fun even though Jasmine decided to go home at about 10:00. I thought she did really well making it that long. These are 4 year little girls and it takes some time to stay away from home. I'm sure she'll be back soon (considering that Sienna won't stop asking for her to come over.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture! Sienna is growing up fast too; with Levi right behind her. God allows Mommies to be exhausted alot so the don't notice so much!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for Sienna. I agree with mom she is growing up so fast. I remember when she was too little to go outside to play with the other kids, now she is having her own friends over. Where does the time go?