May 04, 2008

For My Mamaw

This post is for my Mamaw. She loves to tell me the stories of all the temper tantrums I used to throw as a small child. Apparently, I would just roll from one wall to another, screaming and kicking the crap out of each wall I came in contact with.

Levi has now entered the temper tantrum stage. His tantrums certainly remind me of Mamaw's stories of me. He's only done this a couple of times so far. Hopefully it won't continue. So far I'm using the same technique to deal with them that I did for the girls. I just ignore them and walk away (except for the day that I got the camera out). This approach worked wonderfully for the girls. Sierra threw one temper tantrum as a small child. I know~ only 1! Sienna I think tried it twice and figured out it wasn't worth it. Hopefully, Levi will realize he gets nothing but a headache from a temper tantrum and will stop too.

Here's a cute little picture of Levi sitting in the bottom of my stove. Why is he in there? I have no idea. Maybe he was trying to help with dinner. He likes to open the drawer and take out the cookie sheets but this time he decided to climb in. He also has a couple of cars in there with him.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Was he yelling at you in the stove picture? These are lovely examples of the temper tandrum phase.

Danielle said...

Geeze, Isabelle loves the tandram as well. We like to get out the camera, and we also try a little taunting.."Come on, you can do better than that! Louder!" :) That REALLY gets her going.

I know, I should write a book on parenting!