April 22, 2008

Bring on the Sun

My beautiful Sierra Rose. Where do I begin? She is such an amazing person. Sierra has this amazing 'sponge like' ability that not many people have. I give her life information and she absorbs it completely. So much so that the next time she encounters a similar situation she applies that information perfectly. She also has a tendency to be mini-mom, especially to Levi. It's so funny to be in the other room and here her say something to Levi that I do all the time~ like, "You better get it together, Levi". I use the 'get it together' speech all the time. Sierra has taught me more about myself than anyone else in my life, and she continues to do so everyday. I can see alot of myself reflected in Sierra. If I've been snippy and quick to get irritated with the kids she shows the same behavior. So when I find myself telling Sierra to have more patience with the little ones I am reminded to have more patience with all of them. I acknowledge that to Sierra and we agree to work on more patience together.

School is approaching the year's end and Sierra is get really exciting for her trip to Myrtle Beach with Papaw. Dad and Hilde are taking all of the potty trained grandkids (his & hers) to Myrtle Beach for a week. Sierra has gone twice with them before so she is really excited to get to go again. Maddie isn't going due to sport commitments and Sienna says she doesn't want to go if Mommy or Daddy aren't going. So, it looks like just Brandon and Sierra are the only one's going from Dad's side, but both of them are super excited.

As for Sienna, Levi and myself~ we're just looking forward to summer. We're excited to go to the Rec pool again. I'm just sooooo ready for some super sun!! If I close my eyes right now I can feel the warmth from a hot sun on my skin~ the way it feels like your skin is soaking it all up. Yum. It feels so good and I'm ready!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sierra looks sooo grown up in this picture! (by the way, why haven't I seen this?) Where has time gone? I'm so proud of her but I feel a little sad (selfishness on my part) that somehow I've missed so much of her life! I'm now getting sad. I need to "get it together". I'm so proud of her. And by the way, why does Sienna look like she just swallowed the Canary????

Unknown said...

You posted some great photos in this post. The spring school pictures really are so much better than the orginial fall ones. The fall ones I sometimes think they just put the kid on the chair, the spring ones they take their time w/the kids.