April 08, 2008

A Little Taste of Summer

Sierra, Brandon & I went to Kalahari last night. We had so much fun!! It was a little strange to only be the three of us though. Normally, I won't do one kid if they all can't go. How do you say yes to one and not all of them? I can't do it. But this time was different. Sierra worked VERY hard to sell enough Malley's Candies for the school to earn her Kalahari ticket. And Brandon received a Kalahari ticket from Grami as a birthday gift. These tickets are NOT cheap, let me say. One ticket on a non-weekend day will cost $39 per person!! Can you believe that?! I'm pretty sure that's more than a Cedar Point ticket. But anyway, you see why it wasn't really feasible for all the kids to go. But I still felt bad leaving other kids behind and thought about them the entire time.

Sierra has been to Kalahari a few times before but this was Brandon's first time going. Let me mention for those of you that don't know, Kalahari is an indoor water park and resort in Sandusky. I know that it's the largest indoor water park in Ohio and potentially the US since their recent addition. Even though I've been before this was my first time getting past the kiddie pool. I almost forgot how much fun a good water slide can be! My biggest dilemma for the day was 'how do I get any pictures'. Water and a digital camera is not a good combo. So we came up with the plan to head straight for the slides and larger activities and come back to the other things with the camera. I think the kids would have agreed to anything if it got them to the slides. Sierra and Brandon were exceptionally well behaved. I was very proud of them. We had a ton of fun. Here's a few pictures of the some of the things we did.

This is Sierra and Brandon attempting to hop across the lilly pads with the assistance of the over head rope. Not as easy as it seems, they discovered.




This is the one that I think they enjoyed the most. I never got a chance to ride it because you must have two people to ride. But they rode this one over and over and over. This was the ride that got the 'one more time'. It's called the Zip Coaster.








Here they are in line for the Zip Coaster, again.










I don't remember what this one was called but I'm calling it The Toilet Bowl. Because I think this must be what it feels like to be flushed down the toilet. It shoots you out of this tube and then swirls you around before dropping you into a hole. Notice the girl in the picture?

We didn't do this one though. The warning signs said you needed to be a STRONG swimmer and you're dropped into 6.5 ft of water. I thought that one might be a bit much for the kids. I'll do it next time!


And here's the Family Toilet Bowl. We did this one and it's pretty much the same idea as the other one except you're all getting flushed together on a raft. Please notice the raft in the picture. It's not small. It holds 4 people. It was heavy, very heavy and awkward. I didn't have the luxury to be scared about the ride because I was so exhausted from wrestling that thing up a million stairs that I would have rode it over a water fall just to stop carrying it.

It was just alot of fun. I want to say thank you to Brandon and Sierra for being the wonderful kids that they are. Thanks for a great time!

Here's a little video of the Family Toilet Bowl in action. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time....wish i could have been there. NEXT TIME.

Unknown said...

And who would ever have thought a toliet bowl could be so much fun. Brandon had a wonderful time!! You made great memories.