April 24, 2008

"Shane and David gave me a cow."

We watch alot of The Upside Down Show in my house. Anyone ever watch this show? It is aired on Noggin (my favorite children's network) and it's one of my favorite kids shows. The show consists of these guys named Shane and David who are brothers on the show. Like almost all preschool programs it is very interactive with the kids and they ask the kids to participate in different activities with them. What makes this show so great and different from the others is that it mostly consists of imaginary play.

As I've mentioned before, Sienna lives in an imaginary world. Her imagination is amazing. It is so intense and so real. We are constantly taking 'Abby' or someone else with us everywhere we go. Lately, she's had an entire posse following her around.

Sienna was watching The Upside Down Show this morning while I made breakfast. When everything was ready and Levi was in his chair I called the girls. Sierra came bouncing in with no worries. But Sienna was quite different. She came walking in very slowly with her head hung down and her arm stretched out behind her with her little hand closed in a fist (so I knew someone was with her). I said to her, "Sienna what is wrong?" She looked up at me with such a seriously disappointed face and said to me, "Shane and David gave me a cow." She continued to let me know that she didn't want the cow so I took the cow from her and put it into the pantry. She was satisfied with that but still very disappointed in the entire situation.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

we watch a lot of noggin too. I used to think I'd never let my kids watch so much TV...put it on the list of things I said I'd never do!! I LOVE the TV when I just need a few minutes to get something done!!!

Anonymous said...

Amazing, just an amazing little girl!
I love her sooo much!

Unknown said...

I know she was disappointed over the cow, but did you ask her which animal she would have wanted them to give her?