February 14, 2008

For the Love of High Speed Internet!

I'm finally back on line! Yeah!! For those of you that don't already know we moved into a different house at the beginning of this month. Apparently, I now live in the middle of no man's land corn county where it is virtually impossible to get high speed internet access. I called every cable and phone company I could find and none of them were able to service us here. We do have Verizon for our phone but their DSL "wasn't serviceable at our location". Just let me say that I find it very interesting that my father can build his home into the side of a mountain in West Virgina and can get Verizon DSL but me in the middle of a corn field~ just not reachable! I'm still trying to figure that one out. We finally had to go through HughesNet which consists of a HUGE satellite dish with a weird looking rod sticking out of it, sitting in my yard.

The new house is great! I'm so loving it. It's so old and big. The kids are really enjoying it. There is sooo much more room for them to run around here. I have so many things I want to talk about~ Sienna's birthday, mini cheer clinic, the house~ just to name a few. So I'll be putting up some new posts in the next couple of days. I just wanted to make a quick post to let everyone know I'm still around (barely).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back!!!! It is so good to have you back in the internet world among the living.

Anonymous said...

What a pleasant surprise! I know how much you missed your connections!