January 12, 2008

A Mother's Love

Sorry that I haven't been blogging much lately. I just haven't felt like it. I guess I'm sort of in a funk. Honestly, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. The kids have been soooo sick. Sierra just got back from Christmas break and she just missed an entire week of school. Again, she has back to back strep throat and then got the stomach flu (from Sienna) on top of that. Sienna had a NASTY stomach bug that lasted for a week! Levi is actually weathering the storm like a champ, much to my surprise. He does have a cough and runny nose but that's nothing at this point.

I have a very weak stomach. I know it's a mental thing, but still~ I'll hurl in a heartbeat for the right smell. Puke is one of those smells. As a mother we endure many things and would throw ourselves in front of a speeding bus for the sake of our children. This thought becomes incredibly real to me as I hold out my shirt or my hands for my child to puke in. All in a mother's love that you can never possibly fully appreciate until you are a mother.

I am soooo incredibly behind on my laundry. My washing machine has been pretty much monopolized by sheets, blankets and pillows. Any sort of free time has been monopolized by my Lysol can and scrub bucket. I've even had to pull out my emergency reserve of 'granny panties' (that are only kept for situations such as this). Again, all in a mother's love that you can never possibly fully appreciate until you are a mother.

I have seen the inside of the pediatrician's office 3 times within the last 5 days. I have verified my home address, phone, pharmacy and emergency contact at each of those visits. I have read approximately 20 books and identified each animal on the Ark too many times at those visits. I discovered (too late) that I wore the same sweatshirt to 2 of those 3 visits. And twice I discovered (again, too late) that Levi smeared cookie all over my shoulder. Again, all in a mother's love that you can never possibly fully appreciate until you are a mother.

6 comments:

Emily Jade said...

LOVE the sacrifice of a kid throwing up all over you. I don't have a weak stomach, but I can relate!! I'm SO sorry things are nutso for you right now...if it makes you feel any better - it gets "different" as they get older. Not so much "easier", but different. In many ways there is SO much taken off of you physically, but a whole lot more dumped on you mentally. The best part is - when they are older, you can see all of the social benchmarks that you have taken them through...and be proud!

Hope things look up for you honey! I miss your posts :O)

Cute puppies!!

kisses-Emily

Anonymous said...

Mommy I like the picher of Max and Lola!

Unknown said...

Sierra is always noticing the pitures used on the posts. She cracks me up.

Hopefully this week will be a better week for you. The girls going back to school will help give you a moment of sanity back at least.And if nothing more a child not puking on you should help a lot.

Danielle said...

hope everyone is feeling better soon. We had that excitement before christmas (well, scaled back since we only have one child!)

Anonymous said...

A mother's love goes a long way. Takes you into a new dimension ...you do things you never thought you could do. I'm very proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy! This is Alonda; I am a proud new owner of a laptop and I've had the website address in my wallet but didn't have internet to check it out on. First off your site is awesome. It is a very detailed document of your lives. It took me forever to read it but it was worth it. I was able to catch up without even talking to you. Secondly your dad's house is gorgeous. I can only imagine it in person! And that tree! I'll excuse me, we'll there's two of us now, will have to visit with you sometime. I don't know about the hollar though. I scare very easy. I'd have to ride it out with my eyes closed! Levi is so damn cute. Well of course they all are but it was nice to see him in the now. A series of pictures not just the one christmas pose. You have pictures on here for EVERY occasion. Sienna's Christmas program was cute. It seems like it was her program the other kids were the backup singers. If you noticed she seems to be centered in the middle. The dogs are adorable. I could only imagine how Adryaan would try to squeeze the life out of them. Well I hope to see you all soon. I'm writing like I haven't seen you in years and ya'll live in West Virginia!