February 15, 2008

Mini-Cheer Clinic '08

Yeah for the mini cheer clinic. One of my absolute most favorite times of the year! We all remember from the football cheer clinic that Sienna didn't enjoy the three practice days but she loved the performance. So when the basketball cheer clinic rolled around I really didn't know what she was going to want to do. She decided with ease that she definitely wanted to do it. She promised that she would go to every practice and not cry. I was still pretty nervous about what she would do especially since they were doing 4 practices this time. Day one came around and she said she didn't want to go. I'm talking it up and going through all the usual reassurances when she pops out with, "Mom, if you give me an ice cream cup I'll go to cheerleading and not cry." I gave her the ice cream cup and she went to cheerleading with no tears. Now, I know that she totally worked and manipulated me there but it was worth it. An ice cream cup is a small price to pay for no fight and not wasting $40. She went to practice everyday and loved it. She even won a high five ribbon award for being the most spirited on her squad on day one and won a bear on the last day for being the most spirited on her squad overall.

Sierra loves the mini cheer clinics. She has done every single one since she was in kindergarten. They do 2 a year. Sierra has always given a 110% at every practice and every game. She is such a good cheerleader. It's really impressive that she remembers almost every cheer, dance and move long after the clinic is over. Sierra won a high five ribbon award for being the most spirited on her squad. Her big cheerleader (that's the high school cheerleader who is in charge of her squad) even gave us her phone number for babysitting. That's worth the registration fee alone!!

They both did such an awesome job and I am so proud of them both. Here's a little video of their performance.

Edit: You'll have to check back for the video. I can't get it to upload right now and it's late and I'm tired. I'll try to get it on tomorrow.



2 comments:

Emily Jade said...

how cute is that! I LOVED doing the clinics. My girls can't do 'em now that they always have practice on Saturdays :O( - but I have to remind them them that this is the price you pay to be on an all star squad.

try to check out the videos!! I would LOVE your feedback!! Jilly flies a lot in this one...and if you can keep track of her, she tumbles quite a bit too. Allyson is on the other side of the mat - so she's ticked that there's only cameos of her. The rest of the time you can only see her hair when she's basing!

Unknown said...

I love to see the pictures. I haven't got to see the mini cheerleading ones until today. I see what you are saying about the poms.