June 10, 2008

Oh the Drama!

Summer is finally here! If you were in Ohio this past weekend then you already know that. It was HOT! As we all know, that is all I've been asking for. However, it was pretty bad timing for me. I took Sierra and Brandon down to my dad's on Friday. They were leaving at 6 am on Saturday for Myrtle Beach. As I was out and about on Thursday I discovered that the AC in my van wasn't working. That put a slight damper on a 7 hour drive in 95 degree heat, but I could deal with it. On Friday I arrived at the school to pick up the kids and leave immediately for WV. Upon arrival at the school I discovered that now my window would not go back up (of course I had it all the way down, my AC wasn't working and it was 95 degrees). This discovery had me a bit concerned but it wasn't going to stop me from getting those kids down there.

I got the kids to Dad and I made it back home, but it was one rough trip! We were soooo HOT! It was miserable. My arm (yes, just one arm) got sunburned and then night came. Suddenly, I was freezing! Of course I had no jacket with me. I was a mess. When we finally arrived at Dad's (12:30 am), I was exhausted and extremely thankful for a place to lay my head while bundled up under some blankets. Saturday morning came early and with the discovery that my hair would not be brushed before starting my hot journey home. All of that massive wind from the day before had left my hair in knots~ EXTREME knots. I only brought my big comb, which is usually more than sufficient, but not this time. I feared I would either break my comb or literally loose it in my rat's nest. So, I just pulled it back and went on my way. By the time I made it home my hair was beyond a disaster. Words cannot describe. I am still amazed that my hair brush was able to handle the mess.

We had some storms come through here last night. Lots of lightning and thunder to scare the crap out of Sienna and Lola and keep them glued to me ALL night. Imagine my horror when I awoke this morning to find that my phone had been struck by lightning. The bottom of my phone base was singed, my desk was singed, the phone jack was singed and my curtain was singed!! The phone had burnt/melted away from the phone and the entire line was black (not it's normal color of cloudy clear). I was horrified! It the curtains would have caught fire at 3am~ I can't even think about it. Thank God it was what it was. Things could have been dramatically different.

Overall, things are good here. Sierra and Brandon are safely in Myrtle Beach having a blast. My van window is fixed and the AC will be tomorrow, hopefully. I have a phone working in the house, for the most part (couple issues there to work out but it's coming). Sienna and Levi's health is doing much better than last week. I do think Levi might have pink eye again, but I still have some drops for that so I'm sure he'll be fine. My house is still safely standing. I know better days are upon us!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You survived....with a smile on your face.

Unknown said...

That wasn't a smile on her face that was the wind pushing her face permanently in the upward direction. LOL!!!

I am so glad everything is back to normal in the Aunt Poohie world. Pooh I think that is what makes you part of who you are all the weird and unusual stuff that happens to you.

Anonymous said...

Mom u scear me mom. LOL:)