May 18, 2008

A Day at the Zoo

Sierra went on a class field trip this week to the Toledo Zoo. And I didn't get to go. This was her first time ever going to the zoo without me. She went to the Cleveland zoo in the first grade but I got to go on that field trip. Not this time. It was kind of sad (for me). But she had such a nice time! Her group consisted of all her little homies and the chaperon was a mother I like very much. The very nice mother even bought them all cotton candy from the gift shop.


We recently got a second digital camera by chance and at a really good price. I've had it put away (out of the girls' sight) saving it for Sierra's trip to Myrtle Beach. Since the kids were allowed to bring cameras to the zoo, I let Sierra take the extra camera. She took some really great pictures. Is this not the cutest picture of the monkey? He's kissing the duck! Too cute.





And here's some funky aquatic creature. Crab I'm thinking. It looks gros
s to me. But I still thought it was a pretty awesome picture.








And here's the back side of a snow leopard. I feel like I could just reach out and touch it's tail.








Sierra had alot of fun at the zoo. This is just another reminder to me that she is getting older. I am so proud of her. She is really a pretty amazing kid.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sierra took great pictures!!! Way to go Sierra. Yes she is growing up very quickly. Don't blink...it happens just that fast. Her pictures make me want to go to the zoo.

Anonymous said...

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG....LOVE TOLEDO ZOO....TOO MANY OF US DO NOT TAKE THE TIME TO ENJOY THE SIMPLE THINGS LIKE THE ZOO. VERY PROUD OF YOU.

Anonymous said...

The girl on the head is LorLor,the girl next to me is Shalim ,the girl next to Shalim is Andi.