December 17, 2008

Lola is a Mommy!!

Lola had six puppies last night! AND SHE'S STILL ALIVE! She was so amazing. Momma and all the pups are doing so incredibly well. Lola is a really good momma. She looks sooo skinny now. The kids are so excited and doing really well about understanding that they can't touch the pups yet. Levi is trying to understand but he really wants to give them kisses.

Thank you so much to everyone who was thinking of and praying for us. I was terribly worried about Lola. I knew as soon as Lola got up yesterday that those babies were coming. She just wasn't herself and her belly had dropped. But even with that knowledge I still felt quite calm and peaceful. I had spent much time praying about Lola. I wasn't really sure if I could pray for a dog. Does God take those calls? God created all things (including dogs) and He is Lord of all things (including dogs). So, if He wanted to save and protect my dog, He could. So I asked God if it was ok for me to pray for my dog and He showed me (again) that I was praying for the wrong thing. I needed to pray (and mean it) that His will be done. I knew there was some sort of a lesson in the situation that God was trying to teach me. It was the first time in my life that I was actually able to resign myself to His will, no matter what the outcome. I was able to make peace with whatever was going to happen, before it happened. So through the delivery I just continued to pray that the Lord give Lola the strength she needed and to give me the strength that I needed, too. Through it all not only did I feel peaceful but Lola seemed to, too. Not once did she wine, yell out or even pant. It was actually a very amazing and peaceful event (and gross too). So here's some pictures of our amazing new additions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad Lola had her pups and all is well, hang in there you are doing great love you all lots.... mamaw

Anonymous said...

My, my six puppies! If you thought your life was full before...just wait until those puppies come out of that box! I'm not real sentimental about dogs anymore...until I met Lola. I am sooo glad she's okay. She's a very loving dog and I'm glad she's yours.

Etta said...

Angels watched over Lola while giving birth to those six little miracles. Everything we go through God teaches us lessons-You gave it all to HIM- and He took care of it.
Nothing is too small or insignificant that He doesn't care about. How's Daddy Pug? (MAX)-
Hopefully leaving Lola alone.
Lola is such a little lady to have SIX-that's a half dozen!
God bless you all in the busy days ahead. Have fun. Love, Aunt Etta