December 14, 2008

"Jesus was with me!"

Sienna is alot like me on certain things. She is terribly afraid of spiders. I called my mother once while trapped in my own bathroom because a HUGE spider was between me and the exit. Sienna doesn't like anything scary or spooky. There were several houses on Halloween that she skipped because they were too scary.

That being said, Dave LOVES anything scary or spooky. It could never be too scary for Dave. Dave has a couple of scary masks that he bought at Halloween time. Sienna (and Levi) absolutely despise when Dave puts the mask on. Even though Sienna totally knows that it's just Daddy wearing a mask, she gets totally freaked out. In an instant she is hysterical and I'm screaming at Dave. He pulled one of his masks today and the usual hysteria ensued. Many hours later, I walked in on a conversation between Sienna and Sierra. I heard Sienna say Jesus, and my curiosity was sparked. So I asked her to tell me what she had just told Sierra. So she says me (so seriously), "Jesus was with me." So I responded just as seriously with, "When?" So she proceeds to tell me, "When Daddy had that mask on and him scared me, I was soooo scared! So, Jesus was with me."

3 comments:

The Polo Club said...

When I look at Sienna, she really reminds me of you when you were little. She is so cute. It is so precious that she knows that Jesus is with her and He will take care of her.

The Polo Club said...

By the way, I would love to know more about the wellness journey. It sounds like something I would like to try.

Anonymous said...

Do we ever realize how connected our young children are to Jesus? The verse "The children will lead them" comes alive. We are so, so blessed!