February 03, 2009

Happy Birthday Sienna Pearl!!

I cannot even believe that my baby girl is 5 years old already! Where does all the time go? I know that we say it all the time, but really, why does it all go by so fast? And why doesn't it feel fast in the moment? It's just another reminder to me to love the people in my life with all that I am.

Sienna had a wonderful day. And I did too just being able to share her day with her. I woke her up this morning by singing happy birthday to her which she absolutely loved. Then she wanted a cupcake with a candle in it for breakfast. How do you say no to a cupcake on her birthday? She was very excited to get to school and see all of her friends. She just knew they were all eager to tell her Happy Birthday, I guess. To pretty much everything I would say she would respond with, "Cause I the birthday girl." Walking into school I told to her hold my hand because I didn't want her to fall on the ice. She said, "Cause I the birthday girl." Her class made her a birthday card and sang happy birthday to her. Then she got to pass out her birthday treat as her friends were dismissed. We made cupcakes and chocolate covered pretzel rods for her pass out treat. She was so grown up saying thank you and your welcome to each friend.

Later we did a little shopping and took her to McDonald's for lunch & play. Every person we saw she told them that it was her birthday and that she was 5 years old today. She was just so pleased with herself all day. After Sierra got home from school Sienna was finally able to open her presents. Sierra & Levi gave Sienna a new pack of diapers for her baby (Baby Alive~ it actually pees). And Daddy & Mommy gave Sienna the Princess Talking Kitchen. She asked for this for Christmas but didn't get it. I didn't want to get for her birthday either because she already has a really nice kitchen in her bedroom. However, she was very adamant that this was what she wanted. The video below shows her opening the kitchen and how excited she was.

We ended the wonderful day with a very small celebration with Grami, Mamaw, Aunt Shell & the kids. Sienna is having her birthday party this Saturday. She has invited all the girls from her preschool class. There's only 8 girls so even if they all come it shouldn't be too bad. Sienna is EXTREMELY excited for the party (and so am I). As Sienna was giving a treat to one of her friends this afternoon she said to her, "And thank you for talking to me about my party and kissing the frog." And they both giggled. Is that not so grown up of her? I almost cried, but I didn't. (Hey, there was alot of people at the preschool). And as for kissing the frog~ We're going to play Kiss the Frog Prince at her party. Think Pin the Tail on the Donkey but with a princess twist. She can't stop talking about that game.

She had a great day. I am so blessed and fortunate to have such wonderful and amazing kids. They make me every good thing that I am. Even when they're driving me crazy and I'm ready to jump out the window, it's because of them that I don't. Those smiles. Those giggles. It makes everything in life so worth it. So, to my amazing 5 yr. old Love Nugget I say~ I love you and I am soooo proud of you everyday. Happy Birthday Baby!! xoxoxoxoxoxo


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Sienna Pearl!!! I can't believe how quickly time passes. You cried when you made the post didn't you?

Linda said...

She has grown up so much! I can hardly believe it. You're a great mom, Wendy! Don't blink...she'll be graduating soon! Love, Mom