January 31, 2009

Mommy's Day Out

Wow!! Is it cold enough for ya?! Did you get enough snow?! What is going on here? I can't take much more of this. Seriously. This is not working for me. The kids got a couple of snow days a couple of weeks ago. We found ourselves on a 5 day stretch of no school. I did not leave the house from Tuesday morning (Sienna's last day of school) until the following Monday when I took Mom to the eye doctor. Isn't that terrible? It's just too cold for me. This is the first day that I've had internet for about 3 or 4 days.

Back to my topic, I drove Mom to the eye doctor a couple of weeks ago because she was getting her eyes dilated. So I left the kids home with Dave. After Mom's appointment we stopped at the Olive Garden and had some lunch. It was a nice afternoon. Except for Mom's eye looking like it was going to jump out and attack me from across the table. By the time I got home the kids were acting like I had been gone for a week. Everyone was alive and safe, including Dave. It was a good day. After the kids had gone to bed I sat down and looked through my camera, for no real reason. It was a nice surprise to see that the kids had been using the camera while I was gone. They often do this and sometimes that get some really good ones (and alot of not so great ones). This particular day it was full of lots of good pictures for me. The girls had spent the day with the puppies, doing lots of things that Mommy won't let them do.

Notice how these poor puppies have their back legs through the seat belts. I asked the girls about this to which Sierra replied, "Sienna told me to." Sienna didn't hesitate with her response of, "So they could be safe." As I continued to look through the pictures I asked Sienna if all the puppies had their own car. She said, "Two of them had to share."




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it was good that you can drive in that kind of weather. i'm sure mom appreciated that,hope her eyes are ok now, those girls did a good job with the dogs and the picture taken while you were gone, even tho they weren't allowed to do those things while you were there
love you all lots, mamaw payne