February 08, 2009

The Princess Party

Sienna turned 5 last Tuesday and we had her party yesterday (Saturday). We invited all the little girls from her preschool class. Out of 9 invitations, 7 little girls came. They had so much fun. We all did. I was actually quite nervous. The entire party had to be planned, right down to the smallest detail. Even though I had been planning this party for about 2 months, I was still worried that I was majorly overlooking something. I had Shell and Maddie come down to give me a hand with things. And I sent Dave & Levi off to the vets to get the puppies their shots.

The party lasted from noon to 3:00. Shell had me a little concerned that it was going to be a bit too long for the girls. However, it was not. I think 3 hours was just about perfect. We played games, did a craft, ate, and they ran all over the house blowing party horns as loud as they could. Sienna was in her 7th heaven having so many friends over. She is always asking to have sleep overs but that's not very successful at this age. Sienna was an excellent hostess. I was afraid that she would pick one girl and want to play with just her. But she didn't. She played with all the girls equally. She gave each girl a hug as they left and told them thank you for coming to her party and for her gifts. Then her & Sierra continued to play 'party' for the rest of the night. They even included Levi. It was a really fun day for Sienna. And I think the party went really well. All of the girls really seemed to enjoy themselves. Here's some more pictures of the party in action!

This is the frog that I made for the 'Kiss the Prince' game. (Pin the Tail on the Donkey with a Princess twist). I'm not very crafty. I would like to be naturally crafty & creative but the truth is I struggle to make a decent stick figure! So this was quite the accomplishment for me. I don't know what I would do without the internet! This frog is still hanging on my wall and the kids are still playing Kiss the Frog.



Here's a couple of shots of the all the girls sitting together. It was actually kind of hard to get pics of all the girls together unless they were sitting down eating!








This is the girls playing Freeze Dance.












As the girls came in Sienna would take them over to the table to pick out their Princess Crown. Instead of party hats each girl got their own princess crown and earrings to wear. FYI: the earrings break very easily.










2 comments:

Mammaw and Pappaw Payne said...

you did a great job with sianna party, looks like thry had a good time.Sianna looked very excited and i am sure she had a great time, she will talk of this party until next one, i'm glad michel and mattie were there. love you all lots.mamaw payne

Unknown said...

Pooh you forgot to tell your readers the best part. The birthday cake wishes!!! I loved that part, it was very nice of you to let each girl make a wish with their own candles.