September 05, 2008

Levi's Favorite Things

This is all about Levi's favorite things right now. Alot like 'Oprah's Favorite Things' except it has nothing to do with Oprah and I'm NOT giving ANYTHING away for free. Levi is at such a fun (and challenging) age. His absolute favorite thing right now is his cars. By cars I mean his trucks, tractors, cars - anything with wheels. He plays with them ALL day long. He's even started refusing to leave the house without a hand full of them. As soon as I say "It's time to go bye bye" he takes off running to get his cars. I finally just gave him a small little canvas bag that he can carry his cars in for bye bye time.

The Disney Cars movie~ have you seen it? Levi LOVES this movie. He is slightly obsessed with it right now. He's never been too into tv until we watched Cars one day. Thank goodness I recorded it on the DVR because Levi won't stop asking to watch it. As soon as he gets up in the mornings he says, "vroom vroom" and points to the tv. So I ask him if he wants to watch cars to which he responds with "yeah,yeah,yeah" accompanied by extreme head nods and hand clapping. As soon as the movie goes off he makes me start it up again. Luckily, I don't watch any tv during the day so it doesn't bother me to let him watch it over and over again but the girls are getting a little tired of it. It really is a cute movie though. I'd rather have him be obsessed with Cars rather than Barney or, dare I say it~ the Doodlebops! (It makes me shudder just thinking about the Doodlebops!)

Horses~ Levi loves horses right now. It started this summer with Mom's firgurine horses at her house. Everytime we would go over Levi would point to them and cry for them. He could never play with them though. So, I finally bought Levi some small horse firgurines of his own. He loves these things. They always get to come out and play with all the John Deer tractors. He found one the other day that had been missing (the toy box has that affect) and he was soooo excited when he (Sienna) found it. He started yelling "Ma, Ma, Ma, Ma, ooooooh, oooooh, Ma, giggle, giggle, Ma" and he took off running through the house looking for me. I was in the pantry but came flying out to find him when I heard him calling for me by name. He usually just calls me DaDa (just like everyone else in the entire world ~ his dada obsession is nauseating.) So what a delight for me to hear him actually call for ME. I just about broke my ankle tripping over the broom trying to get out of the pantry to see what all the excitement was about. He loves the real horses just as much. He loves to see them out the van window. I'm slightly ashamed to admit that when he gets super fussy in the van I tell him to look out the window for horses even though I know there aren't any out there. Is that totally terrible?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, that is not terrible...it gets his mind off whatever is bothering him. So he finally said MA MA! Bet that made your day!