September 29, 2008

The Battlefield

As many of you know already, I'm making some changes. I've embarked on, what I'm calling, a 'wellness journey'. It started with answering, yet another, ad in the paper for a home based business. It turned into something else completely. Something about this company and the words they said awakened something in me. The company I am working with is in the wellness industry and we sell wellness products (weight loss or gain, more energy, and so much more). I have started with the weight loss program and lost 5 pounds and several inches after only 2 days! But it's more than just the weight. I feel sooo good! Before, I would wake up everyday feeling exhausted, as though I'd been run over by a truck. Now, I wake up and feel good! If I don't loose another pound it's worth it for me to just good waking up feeling good in the morning (and without the back pain I've endured for years). I'm on a mission now ~ to get my body and life healthy. To set a good example for my kids and to be able to keep up with them too. I've even started keeping a video journal so that I can blog about my wellness journey. I'm not quite ready to share that blog yet as I'm having some trouble getting some of the videos to upload. Hopefully, in a couple of days I'll have that up and running to share with you.

That one phone call changed my life. I've made that same phone call a million times before. This one was different. I really feel that God delivered a solution to a situation and a message ~ GET IT TOGETHER. Everyone knows I always use the 'get it together' speech on my kids, my sister, my mom, my dad, myself ~ virtually anyone. If I feel you need to get it together, I'll let you know. Well, I think God was tired of my spoiled brat ways (complete with temper tantrums and pouting spells). For a while now my soul has felt very uneasy, almost restless. Sometimes it will actually be very intense and overwhelming. I'm amazing when it comes to ignoring something and running from it. Which is pretty much what I've been doing. To try to settle my soul would mean change. Well, I'm done running and ready to deal with myself. When God tells you to Get It Together, that's serious. So now I feel like my soul is on a battlefield, which I suppose it is. I'm determined to walk through this and comeout on the other side with soul healed and stronger than ever. I was at church yesterday and asking God why my soul had to feel so troubled and stirred and wounded and almost terrorized. I swear He said to me so clearly, "Wendy, when you burn all your bridges you have to walk through the fire to get back." Well, I'm willing to walk through the fire to get back Home. It will only make me stronger when I get there. So, please keep me in mind and say a prayer for me on my journey. It's gonna be a good one!

No comments: