September 18, 2008

Go Fly a Kite

Before the wind became too intense last Sunday, we attempted kite flying. We have a wind advisory in effect so my family grabs the kites and heads outside~ that's normal, right? My only intent was to be the camera person but I ended up being the kite retriever. Since the wind was so intense it was super easy to get them going again. Basically all I had to do was pick it up and let it go. The kites flew with no trouble in the strong winds but they also took some serious dives straight down (point first). Since I had become the kite retriever I spent most of time directly in the path of the death kites (that's exactly what they looked like from my view). Strawberry Shortcake and Barbie were really cute until they were bearing down on me faster than the speed of light with a vengeance.

The girls enjoyed the kites. Sienna's ended up in a tree, sadly. But Sierra grew tired of hers and Sienna was more than happy to take over.
Eventually Sienna grew tired of the kite as well and Dave was the only one left flying the kites (always a kid at heart). It was alot of fun. A few hours later our power went out (right in the middle of making dinner) and did not come back on for 20 hours!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I DON'T BELIEVE ANY OF US EVER COMPLETELY GROW UP. WE ALL LONG FOR THE DAY WHEN LIFE WAS MORE SIMPLE. YOU AND DAVE ARE PUTTING THOSE MEMORIES IN YOUR CHILDREN NOW. LIFE IS NOT ALWAYS FAIR, BUT IT IS STILL GOOD!

Unknown said...

Pooh where is the pictures of the new quilt???