July 28, 2008

The Hannah Montana Concert

The Hannah Montana concert was on tv Saturday night. If you have a tween daughter or know any tween girls or ever shop at Wal Mart then I'm sure you've heard of Hannah Montana. If not, then I'll tell you that she's a 15 year old girl (daughter of Billy Ray Cyrus, 'My Achy Breaky Heart' guy) that the money making machine known as Disney has morphed her into a tweeny bopper TV/Rockstar. She's all the 'rage' on the tween scene right now. Disney aired the concert on tv and it also featured The Jonas Brothers, which are a Disney tweeny boy group of three brothers (one of which has caused Sierra to fall in love). Wal Mart has been giving out free 3-D glasses for weeks in preparation for the big premiere. The concert was being shown in 3-D (probably should have mentioned that).

The girls were soooo excited for the concert. They talked about it all day. Sierra had a countdown running. We had bought Hannah Montana microphone headsets as part of the treat bags for Sierra's party and the girls were planning on using them during the concert. The concert started at 8:00 so at 7:45 the girls ran upstairs to change into their Hannah clothes. I had no idea that they had 'hannah' clothes so I was anxious to see what they were going to wear. As they changed I started the popcorn and ice cream floats that I had previously promised. The girls arrived in the living room in their Hannah attire.

The concert started and so did their screaming. For a second I thought Hannah Montana was standing in my living room. I had so much fun watching them. They were aggravated with the 3-D glasses. They wouldn't stay on. So, I got out my hole punch and some leftover curling ribbon from the party and tied them to my children's heads. FYI: FREE GLASSES WILL REQUIRE MOMMY'S CRAFT BOX. With glasses back on so was the concert. They screamed, they danced, they screamed, they sang, they screamed, they ate, they screamed. It was like they were actually at the concert. I can only imagine what it would be like to take them to a live concert. It was alot of fun just watching them have so much fun.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

that is hilarious! I would say this was much for fun for Mommy that going to the actual concert...not to mention cheaper:)

I think I'm making a mental note: Recruit Grandma to take them to current tweeny rage concert.

Anonymous said...

OH,MY..I MUST REALLY BE OUT OF THE LOOP. I DON'T KNOW WHO TWEENY RAGE IS! I DO KNOW THAT YOU'RE A GREAT MOM THOUGH. YOU ALWAYS TRY TO MEET YOUR CHILDREN WHERE THEY'RE AT..AND THAT'S WHAT MAKES GOOD MEMORIES! LOVE YA

Unknown said...

I don't think I've ever seen the girls so excited about a concert before. I can't wait till Sierra hits you up for her first ticket concert. I wonder what it will be? I'm glad the girls had such a good time.