December 05, 2007

Snow Already

This was the view from my front door this morning. I love how the snow has been captured mid-fall. However, I hate the snow. I hate winter. I become a hermit once the temperature falls past 40. If I had my way, I would NEVER leave the house during the winter season. I do like to see snow on Christmas day, but that is the only day.

As I opened the front door this morning and pushed Lola out of it, my heart sank when I saw all that snow. Inside I was screaming NO! I was immediately devastated by the realization that I was going to have to bundle up all three of my kids and take them out in the snow and cold to get everyone to school. My first thought was let everyone stay home but then the responsible parent in me said no. My only hope left~ school closing or delay. Imagine my delight when I discovered that Western was on a 2 hour delay! Yeah!! I've been saved from one day in the cold! Yeah!! I'm starting to think that one of the best decisions I have ever made was getting my kids into a school that is located out in the middle of nowhere!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful scene! Christmas is near, don't you think!

Unknown said...

Brandon has always loved the snow. He is a kid so of course he loves the snow, and what kid doesn't enjoy a 2 hour delay. Except for yesterday, what was different? No Aunt Poohie Express. Brandon would like all delays, and extra snow to wait for the weekends, and Friday the rest of the week he would like sunshine, so that the Express would be running.