December 17, 2009

Sierra's 1st Band Concert

Sierra joined the band this year and is playing the flute. This is the first year that band has been offered to her and she was very excited to join. She is doing really well at playing the flute, too. They had their first concert last week. I was surprised that they would have one so soon. They've been practing since the 2nd month of school but only at their recess time and just the flutes - not the full band together. For one month the entire 5th grade band has been practicing together. That's not alot of practice time for a concert, in my opinion. But they all did really well. There is about 50 kids in the 5th grade band. I wish I had more pictures to post but it is sooo difficult to get a good photo in the gym with my camera. Something about the lighting. In the pictures I do have, you'll find Sierra in the front row second seat from the left. But I did get some video too so I end with the video. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very proud of Sierra! Grami

Mammaw and Pappaw Payne said...

Sierra, for the first consert,i think you will make it pratice makes perfect, very proud of you we love all our musicians, Thanks Wendy for all pictures mamaw and papaw payne